Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Mysterious Snowflaker(s)

We had a bunch of fun at Eric and Stephanie's Friday night. We played Yahtzee, ate barbeque chicken, green beans, a Christmas tree cake, and Aaron's fabulous turtle brownies, and hung out till the wee hours.  Or so we thought!  Aaron was even falling asleep on the couch as we headed out the door toward home.  (It was only like 11, but it had been a long day!)

We got home and apparently had our lights on.  Sarah and Erin had been told (by Donnie) that they could come over anytime on Friday as long as our lights were on.  We were so excited to see them!  After they headed inside, we (of course) set to drink making.  Donnie made coffee and I, hot chocolate.  These girls love to come over for warm goodies! 


Sarah brought us each a present, wrapped in baby blue tissue paper, decorated with a snowflake. Donnie got a book about coffee that asked existential questions about the bean (perfect!) and I received a book of hot chocolate recipes (perfect!)  But even better is that the photo on the front of my book had hot cocoa being served in my green mugs!  (Amazingly perfect!)  It was like a snapshot of our times together during the semester.  How sweet!

We chatted and chatted and had a great time with the girls.  We finally headed off to bed and slept soundly.  The next day, as I headed over to Asian Fu for more coffee, I found the snowflakes on our door.  Beautiful, perfect, designed snowflakes.  Now, I can't say for sure who snowflaked us...but I think I have a pretty good idea!  

6 comments:

Ginny said...

What a beautiful site! I love the design...and I love the closeup picture of the snowflake too. Hmm...who could the mysterious snowflaker or snowflakers be?

Ginny said...

I looked up the word "blog"...not there! What must Mr. Webster think of all these new and exciting words!

Melissa Jagears said...

Hey hey hey! You are driving traffic to my blog already! So you have decided to enter the blogosphere, dun dun dun. I shall be a follower.

Melissa Jagears said...

I'm betting the traffic is your sis being the Siloam Springs internet connection and the fact that it is after midnight. How the heck do I follow you when you don't have a follower button? Someone did it on my site before I put it up, but I guess I am not as tech savvy as they. Maybe you have to allow following????

Lori said...

Now try?

Melissa Jagears said...

I figured out how to do it without the follower gadget on your blog. In case you are interested, you just add the URL to your reading list on your blogger dashboard page. Now I know, and so will anyone else who reads your comments!