Saturday, December 20, 2008

Donnie had a birthday!




I think Donnie had a great day yesterday.  He had been begging to open his presents for weeks and eventually got away with opening three!  We had a great morning with pancakes, lots of coffee, & a book by his favorite author, Suzanne Langer!  Donnie headed over to school for some grading and I planned his surprise lunch.  I got a tropical salad from the Honeycomb and met him at school.  We rearranged the advanced painting room with Sayuri until everyone was very happy, talked to lots of people, and even cleaned out and organized Donnie's studio.  For dinner I made enchiladas and chocolate mousse (apparently the best part of the day, as I later heard!)  We watched part of The Passenger, the second gift and then Akeelah and the Bee.  Finally Donnie got to open a last birthday gift, a snuggly sweater.  We had a great day, and I'm hearing that he wishes everyday was that fun...

PS  In these pics, Donnie is going for the early 1900's afraid of the camera look.

2 comments:

Shell said...

You guys are just awesome people. Sounds like an amazing day. I like the pictures. : )

Ginny said...

What an awesome day...He deserves its!